General Manager (Hospitality) – Wilton Manors, FL ($65,000 $70,000 plus bonus and benefits)
Directs and organizes the activities of the bar and lounge to maintain high standards of beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Hire, train, supervise, direct, coach, counsel, and evaluate staff in the bar/lounge and restaurant. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Assign and instruct entire staff in details of work.
• Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
• Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy business activity, serving as a role model for the bar staff and other employees.
• Field customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation in order to choose the most effective solutions.
• Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
• Demonstrate knowledge of third-party liability and detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained.
• Develop and implement basic operating standards for bar and restaurant service in compliance with federal, state, local and own practices (e.g. Employee Alcohol Awareness Training and Compliance).
• Maximize bar and restaurant profitability; implement effective controls of food and beverage, labor costs and monitor the bar’s and lounge’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
• Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product.
• Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation.
• Develop and implement cost savings and profit enhancement measures.
• Maintain established inventory bordering all liquor/food and supplies in accordance with business needs and participate in weekly liquor inventories and equipment inventories.
• Overseeing the functions to include general bar and restaurant service.
• Ability to work 12-15/hour shifts when necessary, knowledge of Excel for food, liquor and flatware inventory, familiar with doing payroll.
• Expected to handle light social media and local advertising and inventory every week not once a month.
• Monitoring the set-up of the bar, lounge, restaurant and private functions.
• Assisting with the set-up of bar, lounge, restaurant and private functions when needed.
• Coordinating private functions.
• Monitoring the lounge and restaurant functions to see that areas are adequately staffed and begin on time.
• Assisting guest with any problems or needs.
• Directly supervising employees in order to fulfill client needs in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
• Reporting and following established company procedures on any disciplinary problems or deviations from normal procedures and reporting any extraordinary circumstances directly to Operating partners.
• Adhere to the policies of the restaurant/bar as set forth in the Employee Handbook and document and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
• Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
• Participate in monthly beverage inventory every week.
• Ensure proper beverage requisition and ordering processes are followed through on a weekly basis.
• Continuously source quality products for the bar to include beer, spirits, wine and mixers.
• Ensure training program is in place and used on a daily basis.