Property Accountant – Boca Raton, FL ($55,000 – $60,000 plus bonus and benefits)
It is the responsibility of the Property Accountant to obtain necessary information for month-end close with preparation and entry of monthly journal entries. In addition to this the position requires overseeing cash activity along with preparing financial statements, supporting schedules, and bank reconciliations.
- Obtains necessary information for month-end close with preparation and entry of monthly journal entries, bank reconciliation, and maintenance of cash sheets.
- Completes balance sheet schedules for utilization in the correct reporting of monthly financials and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciles monthly interest and loan balances to lender statements.
- Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules (including weekly investment reports, monthly division overhead allocation schedules, and quarterly division account balance and division equity advance reports) for all entities in assigned portfolio.
- Manages cash activity – Initiates wire transfers and records all cash activity related to their portfolio in a timely manner
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, information systems and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in accounting and full financial statement preparation is required
- Multi-family real estate industry experience
- Ability to follow and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to perform cash forecasting, planning and management.