Stock Analyst (Researcher) – Fort Lauderdale, FL ($50,000 – $200,000)
*Experience with the China Market a huge plus!
Perform various functions, including utilizing spreadsheets and other forms of software to examine the securities of companies in various industries, as well as considering the financial results, market prices, and industry factors that might affect the price of a company’s stock or its investments.
- Utilize data analysis to predict the future earnings of the company and advice management/clients on whether to make stock sales or purchase decision
- Provide support to senior stock analysts and portfolio managers in the evaluation of current and potential investments that align with the qualitative investment criteria of the fund
- Execute evaluation annual reports, quarterly conference calls, and newspapers, and sell-side brokerage reports, etc.
- Conduct interviews with management, suppliers, and competitors, and customers
- Evaluate variables such as regulatory actions and changing industry dynamics that may impact on the stocks of the company/clients
- Responsible for digging up information on proposed and existing investments to equity analysts and portfolio managers
- Responsible for developing and updating economic and valuation models and other statistical analyses
- Responsible for stock screening to find undervalued companies and conduct initial research and write-ups on companies
- Participate in industry conference, annual general meetings, and other events as needed